CurePSP is hosting a virtual event on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, to raise funds to provide grants for in-home respite care. Hope as Big as Texas: Spotlight on Art for Respite Care will be held online from 7:00 to 9:15 p.m. Texas time (Central Daylight Time).
The event seeks to raise awareness while also supporting families impacted by progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), corticobasal degeneration (CBD), and multiple system atrophy (MSA) through grants from the Cherie Levien Quality of Life Fund. Research shows that even temporary or intermittent relief of caregiving demands can reduce stress and improve the quality of life for caregivers and the person suffering from the disease.
The fund was established in 2017 by Larry Levien in honor of his wife who was diagnosed with PSP. To date, the fund has provided professional caregiving services to 83 families. Each grant awards $1,500 for in-home care services through Griswold Home Care or an alternative home care agency if Griswold is not available in the family’s local area.
There are three ticket types available to participate in this evening:
- $50 - Hope Ticket with Mocktail Supplies includes the event plus the Afterparty: The "Art of Cocktails" Mix & Mingle with supplies to make the drinks
- $20 - Hope Ticket without Mocktail Supplies includes the event plus the Afterparty: The "Art of Cocktails" Mix & Mingle without any supplies
- $105 - The VIP Ticket includes the event, Afterparty with mocktail kit supplies, a Texas-themed snack box for one person, and a $10 donation
Note: The deadline has passed to receive the boxes prior to the event.
The event includes entertainment, a silent auction, and fun snack boxes. To receive party boxes before the event, please order by 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 1, 2021. Prices include shipping and handling. Items cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
- $50 - The Texas Snack Box for one includes Killer Pecans, Cheddar Crackers, and Texas State Fair Kettle Corn with toasted brown sugar.
- $70 - The Gift Bag includes a CurePSP wine tumbler, one book, and a set of blank botanical greeting cards painted by Jessica Tcherepnine, a self-taught botanical artist who had CBD.
- $120 - Texas Party in Place box for two includes two engraved 8-piece stainless-steel flatware sets, two red monogrammed fabric napkins, two stemless engraved glasses, two branded cotton face masks, and one book.
All proceeds will go to the respite fund which provides grants to caregivers who cannot afford to hire professional caregivers to assist in the care of their loved ones who suffer from PSP, CBD, or MSA.
Additionally, several donors have stepped up to give a matching gift of $25,000. Every dollar donated will be doubled.
CurePSP is a nonprofit organization working to increase awareness, advocate for patients and families, and fund research for devastating prime-of-life neurodegenerative diseases, including PSP, CBD, and MSA. CurePSP provides advocacy and support for patients, families, and caregivers; education for physicians and allied healthcare professionals; and funding for research.