U.S. News & World Report recently featured frontotemporal dementia (FTD) in a Health Care section article by staff writer Ruben Castaneda. Titled “What is Frontotemporal Dementia?” the article provides an overview of this rare disease, including how it manifests via dramatic changes in personality and compulsive behavior.
FTD can involve compulsive behavior and a dramatic change in personality.
The April 2019 article discusses:
- How frontotemporal degeneration is rare
- How FTD differs from Alzheimer’s
- The symptoms of FTD
- The risk factors for FTD
- Why FTD is difficult to diagnose
- Possible complications of FTD
- Strategies for managing FTD
FTD experts interviewed for the article include: